15 Celebrities' Kids And How They Found Out That Their Parents Were Famous

 As children, we don't really understand what's going on around us and the details of life aren't quite that clear yet, but that changes as we get older. Children start to really take in the world around them and understand who people are very early on.

Have you ever wondered how celebrities' kids found out that their parents were famous? Well, we have some stories from famous parents on how their kids found out they were famous.

It's something many of us probably never really wondered about, but now that we're on the topic it sounds like something interesting to learn. Celebrities' kids are already exposed to a different world than "regular" children are, but it's no surprise that they may have missed that who they call "mom" or "dad" is actually a well-known celebrity.

Let's face it, most kids don't even know what a celebrity or famous person is. Kids do pick up on a lot of things though, for example, they might notice people calling their parents' names and wonder why so many people do that. They'll later realize it's because those people are fans of their parents.

Either way, it's an interesting topic to dive into, so let's get started.

1. Ricky Martin's sons Valentino and Matteo

“One day, when the kids were old enough, I told them to go to the front of the house. After they saw the lights and the whole show, they came up to me and said, ’Daddy, you’re Ricky Martin!’
I replied: ’I’m not Ricky Martin, I’m your father! And they immediately replied with ’No, no, no, no, you’re Ricky Martin,’ and everything changed.”

2. Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell's daughters Lincoln and Delta.

One of the girls asked him if people listen to his podcast because of him or because of his co-host. Dax explained that they initially started listening because of him.

His daughter asked him, “But why?” and he said, “Well, baby, because daddy is famous!” His daughter was completely shocked and asked, “Does Mom know?” and Shepard replied, “Of course, my love, your mom is more famous than I am!”

3. Kaia Gerber, daughter of Cindy Crawford

“I think it was on my eighth birthday at Disneyland when I started to understand what was going on. I wanted to take pictures with the princesses, and everyone wanted to take pictures with her,” the model said.

4. David Beckham's son Brooklyn Beckham

Brooklyn Beckham explains when he found out that his dad was famous.

“I went to a soccer game and people were shouting my dad’s name and my reaction was, ’What, oh my gosh, I don’t see it that way.’”

5. Gwyneth Paltrow's son Moses

Gwyneth talked about what happened when her son Moses realized she was famous. He realized that Justin Bieber and all the other people he thought were cool actually knew his mom too because she played in Iron Man.

Once he figured that out then he put the pieces together.

6. Pamela Anderson's sons Brandon and Dylan

“They came up to me and said, ’Mom, are you Pamela Anderson!’ and I said, ’Yes!’
And they were like, ’What?’ They were like, ’What? Why are people saying that? Are you really Pamela Anderson?’ and I said, ’Well, yes!’”

7. Hillary Duff and her son Luca

Luca first saw his mom on magazine covers but just assumed that was normal. He never really knew Hillary Duff's real name because he, of course, just called her "mom."

One day he went up to her and said, “I know your name, Hilary Duff.”

8. Jack Quaid, son of Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid

Jack opened up about his parents' celebrity status.

"I fully recognize that the way I grew up wasn’t normal, but at the same time, despite what my parents did, they’re still mom and dad. It’s not like sitting around with some characters at dinner, my dad was never Jerry Lee Lewis at my graduation, and nothing was handled that way.
From my perspective, if the other kids I grew up with had had famous parents as actors, then they would have thought, ’That’s the way of the world!"’

9. Mick Jagger and his daughter Georgia May

Georgia May was asked if she knew that her parents' jobs weren't ordinary.

“Not really, when I went on tour with my dad, I knew he was a musician, but they were my parents. I still think of my mom as kind of a clown, a cool one, but still a clown.”

10. Alexa Ray, daughter of Christie Brinkley and Billy Joel

Alexa Ray had no idea that her parents were famous. Her parents tried to hide their fame from her for as long as possible, so she didn't know.

She says that when people would wave at them she just thought that they were popular in the neighborhood.

11. Michael Joseph, who is the son of Michael Jackson.

This is what Michael Joseph Jackson, Michael Jackson's son, had to say about his father's fame.

“I think when we first realized it, was when we saw videos of him performing. Then I thought, ’OK, it’s normal to see women fainting at concerts.’
But what surprised me the most was when I saw big-muscled men fainting, so I thought, ’There’s something else going on here,’” he laughed.

12. Audrey Hepburn's son, Luca Dottie

Luca Dottie comes out with a statement about his mother's fame.

“She was just a simple country girl.” When reporters would ask Luca about Audrey Hepburn, he would say, “I don’t know who you’re talking about, you must be mistaken, my mother’s name is Dotti.”
“I didn’t know she was Audrey Hepburn until I was 6 years old,” Luca added.

13. Julianne Moore's children Caleb and Liv

Julianne came out to say that her children didn't know about her fame.

“A few years ago, when I won an award, they were at one of those film clubs. They had seen one or 2 of my films, but they didn’t know about all of them — so they came to me, amazed and shocked.
First, they were shocked that I had made so many movies, and then because I was doing scandalous scenes,” Moore added.

14. Hazel, who is the daughter of Emily Blunt and John Krasinski

Emily and John never used the word "famous" in their household so she never knew her parents were famous. However, one day she came in and asked her mom "are you famous?"

“What I don’t want is for my daughters to feel important or special or for there to be the slightest glimmer of them feeling different from other kids. If they can ignore the fame for as long as possible, that would make me happy,” added Blunt.

15. Rumer, daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore

Rumer knew that her parents were famous, but not how famous.

“We would go to Disneyland and people would come up and try to get their picture taken and I didn’t understand,” Rumer said.

Hearing about how most of these children had no idea about their parents' fame is quite unexpected. Keeping something like this from your kids should be hard but clearly, they thought it was best for them not to know.

Post a Comment

0 Comments