A Touching Exchange Between A Fan And Brendan Fraser Makes The Actor Realize How Loved He Is

 Who doesn't love Brendan Fraser? We loved him in The Mummy, we fell in adored him in Blast From The Past, and he made us laugh in Airheads.

His piercing blue eyes and child-like personality made us especially drawn to him. But, in 2003, Brendan vanished, leaving fans wondering what had happened to the much-loved star.

We would have been forgiven for thinking that perhaps the busy actor was just taking some much-needed time off. But, in reality, there was a much darker reason for Brendan's sudden disappearance.

When he returned, Brendan was a shell of his former self. His eyes were sad, he had put on a lot of weight, and the bubbly personality we all loved so much just wasn't there.

So, what happened to Brendan? Well, in 2018, in an interview with GQ, he disclosed that he had been battling both physical and psychological problems.

Brendan had been in and out of hospital for seven years because of injuries he had sustained while performing his own stunts. "By the time I did the third Mummy picture in China, I was put together with tape and ice," Brendan said.

"I was building an exoskeleton for myself daily." The star had many different operations during that time, on his vocal cords, spine, and knees, to name a few.

But Brendan wasn't just struggling physically. After a difficult divorce and the passing of a close family member, Brendan was emotionally broken.

Who doesn't love Brendan Fraser?

We loved him in The Mummy, we fell in adored him in Blast From The Past, and he made us laugh in Airheads.

But, in 2003, Brendan vanished, leaving fans wondering what had happened to the much-loved star.

When he returned, Brendan was a shell of his former self.

The actor also opened up about a sexual assault he experienced in 2003. While attending a HFPA luncheon, Brendan was assaulted by HFPA president Philip Berk.

Berk touched Brendan on the butt, which he claimed to be a joke. But Brendan didn't find it funny, and he claims the incident has severely affected his mental health and career.

"I felt like a little kid," he said. "I felt like there was a ball in my throat, and I thought I was going to cry."

Brendan withdrew after that experience, and he felt judged because of it. But Berk says Brendan's downfall had nothing to do with him of the HFPA, saying, "His career declined through no fault of ours."

Brendan was severely depressed, and he felt that he wasn't good enough. But the devotion of his fans never wavered.

During an interview with cosplayer actress Lindley (or littlelottiecosplay on TikTok), Brendan talked about his upcoming project with Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, and Scorsese. He mentioned how excited he was feeling but also nervous.

"You got this!" Lindley said. "Just know that the internet is so behind you; we're so supportive."

"There are so many people out there who love you, and we're rooting for you, and we can't wait to see what you do next." Brendan was visibly emotional as he listened to Lindley's heartfelt words.

The star tipped his hat at Lindley and replied, "Shucks, ma'am!" The words clearly meant a lot to Brendan as a beaming smile lit up his entire face.

Lindley was equally as chuffed. "He was so lovely and easy to speak with," she said.

Brendan spoke about the interview during an appearance at the FAN EXPO in Boston when a fan asked him, "How does it feel to have all these people kinda worshiping you?" The star said he was "feeling the love."

Brendan even brought up the TikTok interview, saying he'd had "a nice little chat with this lovely woman called Lindley - I learned her name."

The fan mentioned that Brendan had choked up during the interview. "Yeah, I backed into that - was I?" the actor said.

"I was like, I don't know, I felt like… she was so sincere," he continued. "I appreciate it, and it let me know that, I guess, I just wasn't aware that there's that much support - I appreciate it very, very much."

Naturally, Lindley was elated to have been remembered and mentioned by Brendan. She posted a follow-up video to TikTok saying, "It makes me cry and smile every time I watch it."

Lindley thanked Brendan for his "genuine goodness."

Brendan recalled the interview with Lindley.

"She was so sincere," he said.

"I appreciate it very much."

Here's how people reacted.

A "wholesome national treasure."

"We didn't protect him."

I'm not crying, you're crying.

"I would do anything to give him a hug."

"Genuinely excited."

So much love!

"We love him."

"This is wonderful."

"Broke my heart."

"He grew up with us."

Not only is Brendan an incredibly talented actor, but he's also a man who has been through a lot of ups and downs in life. Perhaps that's why we relate to and care so much about him.

We want Brendan's story to have a happy ending, and we're not prepared to settle for anything less. We think his incredible strength and humility are inspiring.

Post a Comment

0 Comments